Friday 1 June 2012

It has Started

Well here it is, Juneathon. I've only done a Janathon, and whilst it was 'fun' (not sure if that's really the right word), it was marred by the fact that is was dark, damp and cold. Juneathon on the other hand is supposed to be bright, sunny, and warm (maybe to warm) - that is unless you're completely unorganised and don't go out until10pm, then its definitely dark, a bit of a chill, and damp misty rain - but that's my fault, for going out 18 hours later than originally planned.

So my plans for Juneathon
  • Better Janathons 200km
  • Add in some body weight exercises each day
  • Eat sensibly/healthily - no calorie counting/points watching etc
  • Decrease my weight/measurements.
  • Get my wife and two sons on the Couch to 5k programme
So to do this I need/want to
  • Run 60km a week
  • Have created a workout incorporating some Tribesport Challenges (25crunches, 25squats, 10pushups, 1min plank, 25crunches, 1min wall squat, 10tricep dips, 10 burpees, 25 crunches, 10 push ups) This may evolve but want to stay with this minimum
  • Cut out biscuits, sweets, cakes, beer etc eat more salad for lunch than Gregg's etc
  • I have done my weight and measurements, and have them on my before photos. I would put them up but they ain't pretty, maybe after if there's enough improvement - 13st4lb(1st4lb less than when I started running) and 42inches around the bellybutton line
  • Have got the App on her phone and shown them the run walk splits for the first couple of weeks
Well that'll do for now as I seem to be in to midnight blogging on day one and I have to up in 4hrs.

So 1st of Juneathon
5km in 24:47  starting at 2157 on 01/06/12

Total 5km
Day 1 Jogged Logged and Blogged

2 comments:

  1. Good heavens, you have comprehensive plans for June, indeed! Not only for yourself, but also your wife & kids? Best of luck on all. I found the attention to eating a good reminder for myself. Perhaps I will add that to my plan... oh, wait... I don't have a plan yet ;-) but hey, I biked today. And it's well after midnight here, so I'm off to bed. You may already be up? (it's 5:40am your time) Have a great Day 2 then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an impressive plan! Congratulations on the weight loss so far. You've achieved a lot in the last 10 months or so. Well done - Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete